Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bips looks towards Hollywood goal


Bipasha Basu is looking forward to her Hollywood projects but says she cannot comment on them till they really go on the floors. "I’ve got a couple of lucrative offers but the writers have gone on strike and Hollywood will be shutting down for the next six months. I have appointed Simone Scheffield now and she is in touch. Even the Ben Kingsley project will take a long time as it is in the scripting process now. Right now, I can’t reveal much. So, until I have the narration, I cannot speak about it. Nothing will begin before August next year," says Bipasha.
The actress had also been offered a role in the Lost series. "Yes, I was offered an interesting cameo. The director J.J. Abrams was also planning a new series on medicos and I was offered a role. But I am not taking it up right now since it will take two years of my work and I can’t afford to do that," says the Dhoom actress.
Coming back to her Indian projects, Bipasha is looking forward to Raj Kumar Santoshi’s Ashoka and Siddharth Anand’s next film which she plans to start shooting after Vivek Agnihotri’s Goal releases. "I am excited about Ashoka since it’s my first period film. The role is tremendous and fascinating. It is a role of a lifetime. Earlier I was looking forward to Rituparno Ghosh’s Draupadi, but it has been held up for some time. But unlike Goal, where I was casual about the role, for this role I have to do a lot of preparations which I am planning from January. I am also looking forward to Siddharth’s next which also stars Katrina Kaif, Minissha Lamba and Deepika Padukone.
"Right now, it’s only Goal for me. I specially liked one particular scene which is shot with John and me in the locker room. It was very touching," she says. She adds, "What I realised during the shoot was that racism actually exists. I was standing at Southall with Arshad (Warsi) when two boys passed us in their car. They were hanging out of the car and rapping such filthy things. It was disgusting."
The actress brushes off rumours about Ronaldo coming to Mumbai for the premiere. "I don’t know how it started. We were planning to have tie-ups with Manchester United when I told Vivek I will speak to him. He would shoot a promo which will encourage football in India. But it didn’t happen. There were a lot of regulations so we let go," she says.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Bips looks towards Hollywood goal"